Saturday, August 15, 2009

Diaper Rash


So poor Brinley has diaper rash:( We have tried using Desitin, A&D and Buttpaste. None of them seem to be doing the trick. I remembered my neighbor telling me that she drank apple cider vinegar when her little girl had diaper rash and the rash went away. Apple cider vinegar is supposed to eliminate the bacteria and fungus that cause diaper rash. So Clint and I went to the store to get some. When we got home Clint opened the bottle and immediately had a disgusted look on his face. This stuff smells like pure vinegar! I know it is vinegar but it is "apple cider" vinegar so I thought it would have an apple smell or something. Boy was I wrong. I told him I wasn't going to drink it and Clint told me I was being a baby. "You only have to drink a tablespoon" he says. So we made a deal that we would both drink a tablespoon of this nastiness. We ended up mixing it with some juice and it wasn't so bad. It is supposed to take a few days to get into Brinley's system so we will see if this remedy works or not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does.
Anyways, the point of this post wasn't just to tell you my story about drinking apple cider vinegar. This stuff actually has some cool health benefits. It is supposed to help with acne, arthritis, diabetes, weight loss, ear infections, blood pressure, etc. Here is the website if you want to read more about it: http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did it work? Will it make my butt smaller too? 'Cause that would be cool!